Welcome Matt Farah & The Smoking Tire

The Five Day 2014 Rally North America Event!
RacerTCI
Site Admin
Site Admin
Last_Name: Intrieri
Year: 2013
Make: Ford
Model: Mustang Boss 302
Colour: white
Horsepower: 444
Quarter_Mile: 12.8
Grip: huh

Welcome Matt Farah & The Smoking Tire

Unread post by RacerTCI » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:16 am

Rally North America CJ Pony Parts & Roadtrippers are proud to announce that Matt Farah & The Smoking Tire will be providing video coverage for Rally US 50 - 2014!

What does this mean to our rally teams, our sponsors, and our charity?

A MAJOR upgrade in event coverage for Rally North America and exposure for The Accelerated Cure Project for MS & our sponosrs.

Matt's TST videos regularly get up to 200,000 views onTube.com.

Matt's resume is extensive, he is weekly contributor to Youtube.com's /Drive channel, and the Site Editor/Host/Executive Producer of TheSmokingTire.com. He is a regular on Fox News when they are looking for someone from the automotive world, was a cast member on The Speed Channel's The Car Show, and he can be found just about anywhere on the internet when the topic is centered on cars.

Just a reminder ONLY 27 spots remain open for this years rally and once they all gone there are no more and this type of news travels fast.

http://www.thesmokingtire.com/

BTR-75
V-Twin - 85HP
V-Twin - 85HP
Year: 2010
Model: Mustang
Colour: Black
Horsepower: 315
Torque: 0
Modifications: Steeda CAI, Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Moroso Coolant Expansion Tank, Moroso Power Steering tank, Bama Tunes, Pypes Shorty Headers, O/R X-Pipe, Pype-Bomb exhaust, Foose Legend SS Stealth Wheels, Nitto Extreme NT555 Tires, Cervini's Ram Air Hood, Boss/CS Valance
Quarter_Mile: tbd
Grip: tbd

Re: Welcome Matt Farah & The Smoking Tire

Unread post by BTR-75 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:28 pm

Nice!
"Remember, in the end, nobody wins unless everybody wins." ~ Bruce Springsteen

Matt P.
2 Cylinder 2 Stroke - 40HP
Year: 2004
Make: BMW
Model: E46 M3
Colour: Jet Black
Horsepower: 333
Torque: 262
Modifications: DINAN Performance Engine software
TMS H&R coilovers
H&R Front and rear swaybars
TMS front and reas strut tower mounts
TMS rear sub-frame reinforcement kit
aFe Stage 1 Pro-Stock air intake
Other bits here and there!

Unread post by Matt P. » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:48 pm

No Matt Farah, NO! I will NOT welcome you! (note the sarcasm)

I'm mad. :mad: Because I can't make it this year. I have something planned on the 12th that I can't really miss out on... It's my wedding. Trust me, I thought about doing the rally and leaving my car to fly back and go pick it up at some point later... The Wife to be wants none of it. I tried.

Since Matt and The Smoking Tire are coming for this rally, are they going to make it at every Rally from now on?

OK, I guess I could Welcome Matt Farah, but only if he comes back next year.
Matt P.

RacerTCI
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by RacerTCI » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:59 pm

Matt,

I've known Matt Farah since since 2009 (Bull-run S3 filming) and we have always considered having him cover one of our events but unfortunately things never lined up correctly.

TJ and The Mob Theory have done great work for us (at what should be considered a charity price point) but he is now pursuing a career as a driving instructor (as he mad skillz behind the wheel of a car) & that makes the time he has available less & less. That and some additional sponsor $$ (Roadtrippers & CJ's) and Matt's interest in our event (read TST price break) enabled things to come together for this event.

Will Matt & TST be back in 2015? I have no idea. I don't know if I'll be planning things in 2015, or if there will be a 2015 event so take that for what you will. Scott & I organize these things strictly for the fun of the event and for the benefit of our charity. There's no telling how much longer we will be able to plan these type of events. I hate when i hear "I'll see you guys next year" (I know you have no choice) but I never truly know if there will be a next year until both Scott and I commit to it and that normally happens during the rally. I can tell you that if Scott wouldn't do what he does I wouldn't be able to do it by myself and I think he feels the same way about me.

SO to answer your question I think we have to go with "I don't know."

levilz
3 Rotor Rotary - 315HP
3 Rotor Rotary - 315HP
Last_Name: Elza
Year: 1998
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Colour: Red
Horsepower: 368
Torque: 355
Modifications: Long Tubes
Custom True Duals with 1-Chambers
MTI Lid
Torquer V2 Cam
Lowered
B&M Line Lock
Quarter_Mile: 12.72
Grip: not good

Unread post by levilz » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:45 am

I'll just say, I hope both Tony and Scott are able to continue doing what they do. It's a great service to the charities, the participants, and everyone involved. It would be a shame if, for whatever reason, it would have to come to a close. I understand what Tony is getting that though. Even as just a measly driver, my life has become so busy over the last two years that the rally had to be tabled and I'd just have to hope that I'd get another chance to participate again the following year. I can't even imagine how much time and effort that the two of them have to devote just to getting the event up and running each year, much less the preparation and resourses they use once the dates and locations have been set. I'm sure it's very tasking having to juggle all of that, along with everything else that's going on in each of their lives. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that their efforts do not go unnoticed and we appreciate everything they've been able to do up to this point. Hopefully the two of them can keep carrying the torch.... but if not, they've done plenty!

moparguy
I Cylinder 2 Stroke - 5HP
I Cylinder 2 Stroke - 5HP
Year: 2009
Make: Dodge
Model: Challenger SRT8
Colour: Torred
Horsepower: 450
Torque: 435
Modifications: K&N Cold Air intake, Corsa Cat Back exhaust, 85 MM Throttle body, Diablo Sport Tune, Hurst Shifter

Unread post by moparguy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:51 am

I couldn't agree more. This is my first Rally. It doesn't take much much to understand the amount of effort it takes to manage this event like they do. I'm looking forward to enjoying it.
2009 SRT8 Challenger, K&N CAI, 85 mm Throttle Body, Corsa Cat Back, Diablo Sport Tune, Hurst shifter

Bob

RacerTCI
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by RacerTCI » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:23 pm

Thanks guys for the kind words and I'm not saying this is over I'm just saying that we do the best we can on every event but nothing is cast in stone from year to year, Scott and do this strictly as volunteers so you never know if there will be a Rally from year to year until we commit to it.

Matt P.
Year: 2004
Make: BMW
Model: E46 M3
Colour: Jet Black
Horsepower: 333
Torque: 262
Modifications: DINAN Performance Engine software
TMS H&R coilovers
H&R Front and rear swaybars
TMS front and reas strut tower mounts
TMS rear sub-frame reinforcement kit
aFe Stage 1 Pro-Stock air intake
Other bits here and there!

Unread post by Matt P. » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:37 am

I would be heart broken if you guys didn't commit. sad

I'm sure anyone on this board and any participant that have done one rally would jump in to help if need be. I certainly know I would!
Matt P.

carwash
Last_Name: Karwath
Year: 1993
Make: Nissan
Model: 300 ZX TT
Colour: Silver
Horsepower: 450
Torque: 450
Modifications: Stuff, things, etc.
Quarter_Mile: No Idea
Grip: 2 hands

Unread post by carwash » Wed May 07, 2014 2:02 pm

I have to say Dk and I are pretty damn excited about The Smoking Tire doing coverage of this event.... that's a huge deal for RNA and the charities involved.

Also, let me say this... the work that Tony and Scott do is thankless, regardless of how many times we all thank them. The logistics of putting on an event like this are a complete nightmare. We used to put on events in the past, and I don't wish these tasks on anyone. And our events were only 2 days long.

I will say that I will never miss an RNA event from now til they quit doing them. My friends ask my why I do these rallies, spend so much money, wear and tear and cars.... All i say is "There is no way to have more fun behind the wheel of a car."

I hope Matt has a driving team to compete with as well as having crews filming. Just being along for the ride does not do these events justice.