RNA Welcomes..... The Accelerated Cure Project...

Find out all the latest news for the Rally DIXIE 2012. We're heading down south ya'll!

Moderator: daleclough

Scott S.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Last_Name: Spielman
Year: 2007
Make: BMW
Model: 328i
Colour: Black
Horsepower: 250
Torque: 0
Modifications: Deck-alls

RNA Welcomes..... The Accelerated Cure Project...

Unread post by Scott S. » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:31 pm

I am honored to announce that we will be exclusively be working with The Accelerated Cure Project for Multiple Sclerosis.

About Accelerated Cure Project
We are a national nonprofit organization dedicated to accelerating the cure of MS by facilitating research that determines the causes and mechanisms of MS. Our primary strategic initiative is the establishment of the MS Repository, a large-scale collection of highly-characterized biosamples available to scientists at any organization who are conducting research that contributes to our mission. All data generated through analysis of MS Repository samples is contributed back to the Accelerated Cure Project, resulting in an increasingly valuable and comprehensive information resource that can be analyzed to reveal new insights about MS. For more information about the Accelerated Cure Project or to make a corporate or individual donation, call 781/487-0008, visit acceleratedcure.org, or send an email to info@acceleratedcure.org.

About Multiple Sclerosis:
Multiple sclerosis, or MS, is a chronic demyelinating disorder of the central nervous system affecting over 400,000 people in the US and 2 million individuals worldwide. MS often results in severe disability including the inability to walk, impaired vision, or in some cases blindness, cognitive dysfunction, bladder and bowel problems, extreme fatigue and other serious symptoms. Unfortunately, no one knows what causes multiple sclerosis, there is no known cure for the disease, and treatments are modest at best

After speaking with these fine people on the phone for 2 minutes I knew immediately that we made the right choice and will be certainly looking forward for the next year working exclusively with Kelly and her team at the Accelerated Project.

Mandatory donations

A week before registration begins ACP will be setting up a website specifically for our event. There you will be able to create a TEAM PAGE. You must use this site when making your mandatory donation. Additionally you will be able to use your team page to solicit additional donations through social media sites or from anyone that can get on the web and your team will receive credit for these donations.

This is how we will determine our starting line order for day one. Those that bring in the largest amount of money for our charity will get their choice of where they start in the field till all 80 positions are filled.

If you want POLL POSITION or you prefer to be the last car out then this is how you get to pick your spot.

bonesgt
V-4 - 110HP
V-4 - 110HP
Year: 1987
Make: Ford
Model: Mustang GT
Horsepower: 242
Torque: 292
Modifications: MM Caster/camber plates, Tubular Upper/Lower Control Arms,
Springs, CAI, Typhoon Intake 70mm TB, Off Road H-Pipe, town
downs, Carbeau seats, and rear seat delete.

Re: RNA Welcomes..... The Accelerated Cure Project...

Unread post by bonesgt » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:07 pm

This is another great cause to stand behind! Now if we just knew where we were starting and finishing...hehehe

Nightmare
Turbocharged Inline-3 - 180HP
Last_Name: Loth
Year: 2004
Colour: Redfire Red Metallic
Horsepower: 260
Modifications: Bassani off road x pipe
Flowmaster american thunder cat back exhaust
MGW short throw shifter
JLT Cold Air Intake
Eibach Sportline Springs
Maximum Motorsports Camber/Castor Plates
Tockico Blue Shocks/Struts
Polyurithane spring isolators
Ford Racing Flywheel
CJ Pony Parts King Cobra Clutch
Heavy duty Throwout Bearing
adj clutch cable, quadrent/adjuster
C&M Performance/SCT tune
Pioneer DVD player
UPR upper and lower Control Arms
Mach 1 Grille delete
17x10.5" deep dish rims rear
17x9" deep dish rims front
275/35r17 Sumotomo tires front
315/35r17 Sumotomo tires rear
3.73 rear gears
tracloc with cobra clutches
20% Tint
Ultra clear fog lamps
Quarter_Mile: 13.4 or less

Unread post by Nightmare » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:39 pm

This is an incredible cause to do a rally for! Great pick!
2010 Route 66
2011 Rally Appalachia
2012 Rally Dixie
2006,2010,2011 Cheesewheel 450
2011 Hard Luck Award Winner

RacerTCI
Site Admin
Site Admin
Last_Name: Intrieri
Year: 2013
Model: Mustang Boss 302
Colour: white
Horsepower: 444
Quarter_Mile: 12.8
Grip: huh

Unread post by RacerTCI » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:55 pm

The choice of a charity this year fell to Scott. After some more then slight nudging I backed off and genuinely told him there were several that looked great and that I would be supportive no matter his choice and i think he knows that I meant what I said.

I know my personal life moved him in this direction.

So I have to thank you Scott.

Some of you know my wife Kelly was diagnosed with MS April of 2011 and all of you know now. We have learned a lot about MS over the last few months. There have been great advances made in fighting this disease over the last 15 years but at this time there isn't a cure or a medicine available that is guaranteed to stop it's progress.

All of the medicines that have been on the market for more then a year are injectables of those the that have been shown to be effective at slowing the pace of the disease's advance many are not always effective for everyone and most have flu like side effects that make day to day life very difficult.

There are 100's clinical trials taking place all over of the country and the Accelerated Cure Project is making blood samples of MS patients available for these trials as long as the results and finding are SHARED with the medical community. Many of the leading institutions in medical studies are taking advantage of what this charity has to offer.

Any of you that have a found an automotive fix for an issue on a car forum can attest to the sharing of information to be a great thing.

You would think that the Medical community working for a cure for MS and 100's of other diseases that effect the nervous system would want to share their results, but with current medicine prices ranging from $2500 to $8000 per month there are motives to keep your research secret.

I hope that all of you can join us and can get behind this charity and join the fight to find a cure for MS.

Trust me when I say that I have never been more motivated.

Nightmare
Last_Name: Loth
Year: 2004
Colour: Redfire Red Metallic
Horsepower: 260
Modifications: Bassani off road x pipe
Flowmaster american thunder cat back exhaust
MGW short throw shifter
JLT Cold Air Intake
Eibach Sportline Springs
Maximum Motorsports Camber/Castor Plates
Tockico Blue Shocks/Struts
Polyurithane spring isolators
Ford Racing Flywheel
CJ Pony Parts King Cobra Clutch
Heavy duty Throwout Bearing
adj clutch cable, quadrent/adjuster
C&M Performance/SCT tune
Pioneer DVD player
UPR upper and lower Control Arms
Mach 1 Grille delete
17x10.5" deep dish rims rear
17x9" deep dish rims front
275/35r17 Sumotomo tires front
315/35r17 Sumotomo tires rear
3.73 rear gears
tracloc with cobra clutches
20% Tint
Ultra clear fog lamps
Quarter_Mile: 13.4 or less

Unread post by Nightmare » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:13 pm

RacerTCI wrote:The choice of a charity this year fell to Scott. After some more then slight nudging I backed off and genuinely told him there were several that looked great and that I would be supportive no matter his choice and i think he knows that I meant what I said.

Some of you know my wife Kelly was diagnosed with MS April of 2011 and all of you know now. We have learned a lot about MS over the last few months. There have been great advances made in fighting this disease over the last 15 years but at this time there isn't a cure or a medicine available that is guaranteed to stop it's progress.

All of the medicines that have been on the market for more then a year are injectables of those the that have been shown to be effective at slowing the pace of the disease's advance many are not always effective for everyone and most have flu like side effects that make day to day life very difficult.

There are 100's clinical trials taking place all over of the country and the Accelerated Cure Project is making blood samples of MS patients available for these trials as long as the results and finding are SHARED with the medical community. Many of the leading institutions in medical studies are taking advantage of what this charity has to offer.

Any of you that have a found an automotive fix for an issue on a car forum can attest to the sharing of information to be a great thing.

You would think that the Medical community working for a cure for MS and 100's of other diseases that effect the nervous system would want to share their results, but with current medicine prices ranging from $2500 to $8000 per month there are motives to keep your research secret.

Accelerated Cure Project for MS has one of the largest depositories of MS blood samples in the county and they are readily making it available to universities, hospitals and others that are willing to share their information working on finding a cure for what can and is a debilitating disease.

I hope that all of you can join us and can get behind this charity and join the fight to find a cure for MS.

Tony, you are a good friend. I am sorry to hear about your wife. Our prayers go out to you and your family. You have no idea how happy I am that we are helping out this Charity. It is my hope that if they find a cure for MS the results will also help find a cure for other related illnesses, like the one my sister has. I am excited and very proud to be a part of this!
2010 Route 66
2011 Rally Appalachia
2012 Rally Dixie
2006,2010,2011 Cheesewheel 450
2011 Hard Luck Award Winner

Team Jolly Roger
Flat 2 - 50HP
Flat 2 - 50HP
Last_Name: Homer
Year: 2006
Model: Mustang Pony
Colour: Tungsten Grey
Horsepower: 210
Torque: 240
Modifications: Roush Cold air induction, Flowmasters

Unread post by Team Jolly Roger » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:27 pm

No one truly knows how important a part a charity plays in someone's life until you, or someone you know has been touched by what these charities fight to do. Tony, thanks for telling everyone here, because I'm sure I'm not the only one that now has a more personal interest in it. Thoughts to you and your family, Boss :)

daleclough
Year: 2010
Make: MINI
Model: Cooper S Laurel Sport Edition
Modifications: All stock...

Unread post by daleclough » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:05 pm

This is fantastic and a strong start to 2012!

Nice work!
Not sure which of the fleet will be employed in 2014...

Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Last_Name: Schlee
Year: 2010
Make: Subaru
Model: Impreza WRX Limited
Colour: World Rally Blue
Horsepower: 265
Torque: 244
Modifications: A Mildly Louder Exhaust, Rear Swaybar, flaps to keep down the snow and HIDs
Quarter_Mile: 13.5 @ 103MPH
Grip: 0.87g

Unread post by Mike » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:13 pm

Excellent choice of charities as I have 2 friends who wives have been diagnosed. Tony, I did not know and my thoughts are with you, your wife and your family. We need to stop MS (not me, the disease)

This will be an epic rally for sure and I am still available to help however needed
If you are not having fun, you are doing it wrong

stevec5ws6
V-4 - 110HP
V-4 - 110HP
Year: 2001
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Corvette
Horsepower: 0

Unread post by stevec5ws6 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:35 pm

awesome choice guys!

voodoo g8gt
Flat 2 - 50HP
Flat 2 - 50HP
Year: 2009
Make: Pontiac
Model: G8 GT
Colour: Voodoo Blue
Modifications: yep got them

Unread post by voodoo g8gt » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:43 pm

Great Charity, My cousin was diagnosed earlier this year.
As someone that has been lucky to have ridden the better side of a disease for over 20 years that no one shares much info on, it is good to see that a group is trying to pool info to find a cure for this one.

Thanks Guys.

FlaHP
V-4 - 110HP
V-4 - 110HP
Year: 2001
Model: Lightning
Colour: White
Modifications: I can count to potato!!
Quarter_Mile: 11s

Unread post by FlaHP » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Great cause guys.
Project team Struck 2001 White Lightning

Scott S.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Last_Name: Spielman
Year: 2007
Make: BMW
Model: 328i
Horsepower: 250
Modifications: Deck-alls

Unread post by Scott S. » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:57 pm

Well it when it came down to it, the decision was easy. I look at Tony as one of my closest friends. I think that what we do as far as the rally is concerned, well it really makes me feel good as a person knowing that we have done something to help someone somewhere whether it was a breast cancer patient or a wounded soldier.

This year we can potentially help one of our very own. I haven't talked to Tony's wife too many times, but the times that I have I can tell you she is truely an amazing woman.

I know that we had a good discussion, and there are alot of charities that hit close to home, MS, Hemophelia, cancer...

We went with this because it is a direct feed to a project that is set on finding a specific cure for a disease that causes many problems in the host, from dibilitating pain, to blindness.

So this year.. I hope everyone joins us as a united family in a chance to raise money for a very serious disease... and raise a record amount of money to help The Accelerated Cure Project find and defeat Multiple Sclerosis!

Here is to another year in the RNA Nation.. lets make it one that we will never forget!

--Scott

JonD91
Turbocharged 3 Rotor Rotary - 380HP
Turbocharged 3 Rotor Rotary - 380HP
Last_Name: Dow
Year: 2008
Make: Audi(s) VW, Mini
Model: B7 A4 2.0T/B5 A4 1.8t/Cooper R50
Colour: Black/Silver/Red
Horsepower: 200
Torque: 185

Unread post by JonD91 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:44 pm

this is a great choice and Im glad you guys picked this. Tony, I did not know that and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. being a part of something like this that is genuinely dedicated to something to help others is a good feeling

Team Mini #37 - 2010-2011
Team G60 #60 - 2012
Team Pine State GTI # 37 - 2013

levilz
3 Rotor Rotary - 315HP
3 Rotor Rotary - 315HP
Last_Name: Elza
Year: 1998
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Colour: Red
Horsepower: 368
Torque: 355
Modifications: Long Tubes
Custom True Duals with 1-Chambers
MTI Lid
Torquer V2 Cam
Lowered
B&M Line Lock
Quarter_Mile: 12.72
Grip: not good

Unread post by levilz » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:23 am

RacerTCI wrote:The choice of a charity this year fell to Scott. After some more then slight nudging I backed off and genuinely told him there were several that looked great and that I would be supportive no matter his choice and i think he knows that I meant what I said.

It was a great choice for the charity and I definitely understand the obstacles you and your family have and will go through. It's awesome to hear that the Accelerated Cure Project pushes for shared information. My medicine cost over $312,000.00 last year, so you could imagine I've seen some of the ulterior motives too... so it's really refreshing to hear about an organization that pushes to combine research and get results.

Happy to be a part of it!!

RacerTCI
Site Admin
Site Admin
Last_Name: Intrieri
Year: 2013
Model: Mustang Boss 302
Colour: white
Horsepower: 444
Quarter_Mile: 12.8
Grip: huh

Unread post by RacerTCI » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:15 am

Karen J. Crumback
Development Director
Accelerated Cure Project for Multiple Sclerosis

Will be attending our Starting Line in 2012. ACP for MS is very happy with what RNA has done for the charity this year!