I Cylinder 2 Stroke - 5HP
I Cylinder 2 Stroke - 5HP
Year: 2003
Make: Mitsubishi
Model: Lancer Evolution
Colour: White

Pics from New England rally

Unread post by randyc » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:25 pm

The New England Rally 2010 just ended yesterday. It was three days of sleep deprivation, spirited driving and some of the most scenic roads in the US.

Day before the Rally.
Hugh and I stayed at a holiday Inn in CT. Although the hotel was nice, the beds and pillows were not and we wound up getting almost no sleep.

Day1.
We met at subimods in CT and everyone was stickering up their cars and either meeting new people or having a reunion from last year.

Checkpoint 1
Not 20 minutes into the rally a cop pulled over one of the cars for speeding, he wasn't even sure how fast they were going and the ticket says Estimated 82. We ended up nice place in Rhode Island next to the coast where we just got our route cards and headed for the next checkpoint.

Checkpoint 2
We then headed off to plymouth rock in Massachusettes where one of the drivers decided to go swimming in the ocean. That rock doesn't look very important.

Checkpoint 3
We went to a place called Mount Greylock. We took a wrong turn and ended up going up an unpaved road which looks like it led to nowhere. We eventually found a paved path but wound up taking a wrong turn and missed the checkpoint. After driving around for 2 hours we realized we were nowhere close to where we were suppose to be. We had to call the checkpoint worker for directions to the final hotel. It was 830pm and the hotel was about 4 hours away. Having virtually no sleep the day before I was ready for the rally to be over.

First Day Hotel.
We got to the hotel around midnight and discovered we were not the last to arrive but probably the only team to miss the checkpoint. After I checked in I found out the next mornings wake up call was at 5 am, breakfast was at 6 and we were rolling out by 7am. After getting about 4 hours of sleep, feeling extra tired and still ticked off we did not find the last checkpoint we had a decent catered breakfast and tried to start the new day in a better mood.

Day 2

Checkpoint 1
This was by far my favorite checkpoint. We went to team Oneil Rally school. After a short class session explaining what rallying is all about, we had instructors take us on a couple of laps in prepared rally cars. They were some amazing drivers and drove so casually while being next to trees and hairpin turns. They were actually holding a conversation with us while they were driving ridiculously fast around a gravel road with turns which sometimes required using the ebrake to go through them.

Checkpoint2
The next checkpoint as a wolf preserve. They were not as mean and blood hungry as I expected them to be. On the way to the wolf preserve we went through a road called Hurricane Mountain road which has some of the windiest and largest elevation changes I've ever seen.

Second Day Hotel.

We got to the hotel around 9pm. We stayed at one of the better Hotels in Maine at Bar Harbor where Jon Dow met up with us. We had a building to ourselves and a seafood buffet which was pretty good. Next morning wake up call was at 7. After getting some decent sleep we met at the hotel restaurant for another catered breakfast before heading out to the last checkpoint.

Day 3
Our last stop was to be at a shop called Synaptic 3 in New Hampshire. After Everyone arrived we had a nice BBQ and some giveaways. We then had a raffle drawing. I had 6 tickets which I payed 20 dollars for. Some of the prizes included a go pro camera HD, HID lights and a nice toolset. My number did get called but by then all the good prizes were gone and I ended up with a Timex watch. We then said our goodbyes and headed home.

JonD91
Turbocharged 3 Rotor Rotary - 380HP
Turbocharged 3 Rotor Rotary - 380HP
Last_Name: Dow
Year: 2008
Make: Audi(s) VW, Mini
Model: B7 A4 2.0T/B5 A4 1.8t/Cooper R50
Colour: Black/Silver/Red
Horsepower: 200
Torque: 185

Re: Pics from New England rally

Unread post by JonD91 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:55 pm

The Mini and Evo met up for a while!

A couple of nice Subies

Team Mini #37 - 2010-2011
Team G60 #60 - 2012
Team Pine State GTI # 37 - 2013

daleclough
Year: 2010
Make: MINI
Model: Cooper S Laurel Sport Edition
Modifications: All stock...

Unread post by daleclough » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:15 pm

Ah, my clan... I missed them this year. Fall run is coming up and there's always next year!

Glad to see you and Hugh had fun!

Thanks for the photos!
Not sure which of the fleet will be employed in 2014...

RacerTCI
Site Admin
Site Admin
Last_Name: Intrieri
Year: 2013
Make: Ford
Model: Mustang Boss 302
Colour: white
Horsepower: 444
Quarter_Mile: 12.8
Grip: huh